Saturday 3 July 2010

A Little Thought

It's disturbing that much as you want to be seen to be erudite and sophisticated the baser things in the world still make you happier.

Germany beat Argentina! 4:0.

As an Englishman I would rather Germany win than Argentina, the hand of god cannot be forgiven. And anyway they did it magnificently. Though I have to say that listening to the new Marillion bootlegs
CD at the same time added a certain polish to it.

The only thing is I'm supposed to be sitting charging through some writing (a new adaptation of Ibsens Dolls House) and I do have every intention of knocking off these last few scenes but other cultural consumptions look more interesting.

It's cruel.

And I really must do better.

But you see Ive just downloaded the Kinks RCA output which is very tempting, there's the Marillion bootlegs, lots of stuff on Sky Arts (the best arts programming in the UK which is disturbing in of itself) and more silly games I could play on the various Apple gadgets I now seem to own.

The only thing i comfort myself with is that I've got some will power to force myself to write. Otherwise I'd never get anything done.









No comments:

Post a Comment